Costa Rica Dream: Pura Vida goes back to its roots!!!
“Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel that I may share in its blessings”
1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Ways we want to serve
- Weekly worship service in Esterillos & Jaco (English and Spanish) (This once we have enough home groups to have weekly celebrations)
- Weekly Homegroup seeker friendly (English and Spanish) Esterillos-Jaco-Hermosa and other coastal communities.
- Coffee shop office hours in Jaco:
approachable and informal way to encourage people to talk to a pastor
- Christian Surfer Esterillos
- Kids Club Esterillos – a weekend kids outreach based on building relationships
- Leadership Training Development for mature Christians (English and Spanish)
- Counseling and restoration (walking alongside listening) for those coming out of prostitution and drug addiction or just having a bad day.
- Being an asset to the community in any possible way– often the church seeks help from the community we want to be a church that gives to the community. We believe that the church must have a positive influence in the community to believers and nonbelievers alike.
- Empowering and caring for the future servants (leaders).
- Bridging cultural gaps.
- Beach Camp for underprivileged inner-city children (twice a year).
Note: We are using Cell Church Principles for this Project
- Priesthood of all believers
- Leadership development
- Exponential growth
- Cell/ Celebration
- Emphasis on relational evangelism
- Multi-cultural model
- Better use of financial resources
We acknowledge that one day we will be before God to give an account of the souls he entrusted into our care.
We will be accountable to the National Superintend for Free Methodist.
We will be accountable to our fellow Leaders. We want to lead as a team not as solo Pastor.
We will give an honest bi-monthly report our US supporters and praying partners.
We will be accountable to the Latin America Area Director for the Free Methodist Church.
We will be accountable to the Santa Barbara FMC.
We will be accountable to the FM Southern California Conference.
We will be accountable to the Free Methodist World Missions.
– For our family.That we can be living examples of Christ’s love.
– For the harvest that God has prepared.
– Thatour ears can be attuned to His voice.
– That the coastal communities are transformed.
– That God lifts up local leaders.
– That Jesus’ message of love and hope will spread like wildfire!
If you want to support this non-profit ministry and be a blessing to the people of Costa Rica, send your tax deductible donation to Pura Vida Church, 1435 Cliff Drive- Santa Barbara- CA 93109 (Memo: Leon Family-Costa Rica).